Texas Appleseed, Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions©, and Texas attorneys supporting the Diversity Legal Scholars program believe that law schools should be accessible to all qualified students. This program helps low-income people of color expand their law school options by awarding scholarships covering the full cost of a Kaplan (LSAT) preparation course.
Visit back in 2019 for new application deadlines!
- Round 1/CLOSED: Application Deadline: Feb. 12, 2018 | LSAT Test Date: June 11, 2018
- Round 2/CLOSED: Application Deadline: June 4, 2018 | LSAT Test Dates: Sept. 8, 2018 or Nov. 17, 2018
- Round 3/CLOSED: Application Deadline: Sept. 5, 2018 | LSAT Test Date: Jan. 26, 2019
Application Background Details
To apply, applicants must submit all of the following:
- Completed two page application, including applicant signature.
- Resume, including work experience and community service.
- Copy of college transcript (and any graduate school transcript(s)) from school currently enrolled or received degree from.
- Financial need documentation (proof of financial aid received at college or most recent tax return).
- A statement of economic or personal social disadvantage, (500 words).
- One letter of recommendation, preferably one from a professor.
- An essay that addresses a current issue that interests you and how the legal community could address the issue (350-750 words).
ATTN: Diversity Legal Scholars Program
1609 Shoal Creek, Ste. 201
Austin, TX 78701
Emails can be directed to Morgan Craven and Gabriella McDonald via this email address: DLS@texasappleseed.net
- Join our Diversity Legal Scholars Facebook group.
- Texas Appleseed awards scholarships three times a year.
- Texas Appleseed has awarded more than 300 of these scholarships since the program began in 1997.